Welcome to Dragons Training Center Taekwondo.
West Suburban and Southwest YMCA Locations.
If you or your child is getting started in their Taekwondo experience, we want to thank you for starting out your journey with Dragons Training Center (DTC). DTC’s goal is to provide a great Taekwondo experience at YMCA’s very competitive prices. We have seasoned Instructors teaching every class, with many supporting instructors to help at each class. Classes are lead by Senior Master Strunsee, Master Eric Peterson, and Master Henry Schwichtenberg each of which are Kukkiwon Certified Black Belts.
Getting Started in Taekwondo and Dragons Training Center
- First .. If you or your student did not receive a new student pamphlet at class, please click here
- Students are not required to obtain a uniform for the first session, upon starting the 2nd session it will be required to purchase a uniform before the student is allowed to go to testing. $35 Cash or Check made out to (Jerome Hajewski) are the only payment methods.
- We encourage our students to practice at home and those students who can successfully complete requirements on the curriculum will be approved for testing.
- Testing is typically held at 1 pm on the 2nd Saturday in January, March, June, September, and December at the Southwest YMCA location (11311 W Howard Ave), however we will communicate the actual date and time. The testing fee is $40 cash or check only made out to “Dragons Training Center”.
- It is very important to be early for each class and begin stretching to prepare for class.
- Proper hygiene must be displayed at each class, with trimmed toenails and a clean uniform. (belts are never washed)
- An integral part of our Taekwondo program is teaching respect, self-discipline, and physical fitness which often lead to increases in self-esteem and self-confidence.
- Our belt system:
- Deputy Black
The techniques that are taught to students in class can cause harm to themselves and others if not practiced properly. If a student abuses the techniques that are taught in class and injures someone (in or outside of class), we reserve the right to expel them from the school at our discretion.