Welcome to Dragons Training Center Taekwondo.
If you or your child is getting started in their Taekwondo experience, we want to thank you for starting out your journey with Dragons Training Center (DTC). DTC’s goal is to provide a great Taekwondo experience at very competitive prices. We have seasoned Instructors teaching every class, with many supporting instructors to help at each class. Classes are lead by Senior Master Shawn Strunsee, Master Eric Peterson, Master Henry Schwichtenberg, and Mr. Justin O` Rorke each of which are Kukkiwon Certified Black Belts.
Getting Started in Taekwondo and Dragons Training Center
- First .. If you or your student did not receive a new student guide at class, please click here
- If you are a beginner please print out the white belt requirements here
- Students are not required to purchase a uniform right away, but it will be required before the student is allowed to go to testing.
- We encourage our students to practice at home and those students who can successfully complete requirements on the curriculum will be approved for testing.
- Testing is typically held on the 2nd Saturday in March, June, September, and December. However we will communicate the actual location, date, and time before hand. The testing fee is $40 cash or check only made out to “Dragons Training Center”, with discounts available for families.
- It is very important to be early for each class and begin stretching to prepare for class.
- Proper hygiene must be displayed at each class, with trimmed toenails and a clean uniform. (belts are never washed)
- An integral part of our Taekwondo program is teaching respect, self-discipline, and physical fitness which often lead to increases in self-esteem and self-confidence.
- Our belt system:
- Deputy Black
The techniques that are taught to students in class can cause harm to themselves and others if not practiced properly. If a student abuses the techniques that are taught in class and injures someone (in or outside of class), we reserve the right to expel them from the school at our discretion.